Wednesday, November 11, 2009

holiday cheer

this is a journal entry i found and thought i would share it...

As the holidays draw near
I sit back and ponder
Of the ones I hold dear
The people who care
Who light up the fire
To get others involved
And spread the inspire
My smile grows bigger
And my heart opens wide
When I see a total stranger
Who’s so happy and cried
Because the soul of one person
Who genuinely cared
Went out of their way
To do something they dared
It’s the feeling inside
You get when you show
You’re capable of so much
That you didn’t even know
So take that feeling with you
Hold it close and dear
And spread it everywhere you go
All throughout the year
Don’t hide it from the world
Don’t be ashamed
Care beyond the holidays
And kindness can be claimed
And the one who receives the gift
That will last forever and not just now
Will be yourself
That is a guaranteed vow

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you were a poet! Great stuff Jessica! Do you have more?

    ReplyDelete